Learning Through Projects
- Create at least 4 learning plans each year, based on interests, talents, career plan, qualification needs, etc.
- Incorporate the Learning Goals and the Learning Foci in the ILP.
- Complete at least one project that has real-world concern.
- Build a portfolio of work.
- Complete a thesis project proposal at the end of Year 12.
- Complete a thesis project in Year 13.
Learning Through Internships (LTI)
- Participate in internships.
- Complete in-depth LTI projects.
Curriculum Learning Areas
- Level 1 NCEA Literacy
- UE (Tertiary) Literacy
Other Learning Areas Level 1-3 NCEA
- Tutorials, Workshops, Tasks, Schoology Courses, Distance Learning Courses with Experts
- Read 5 books at Yr11
- Read 6 books at Yr12
- Read 9 books at Yr13
- Write in Journal 3x a week.
- Write an autobiography in Yr12/13
- Exhibit Learning 4x a year.
- Visit tertiary institutions
- Participate in excursions with the Advisory
- Participate in service learning activities
- Empirical Reasoning: “How do I prove it?”
- Quantitative Reasoning: “How do I measure, compare or represent it?”
- Communication: “How do I take in and express ideas?”
- Social Reasoning: “What are other people’s perspectives on this?”
- Personal Qualities: “What do I bring to this?”
- Research Ability
- Oral Communication and Presentation
- Report Writing
- Statistical Analysis
- Careers Education